Saturday 10 September 2011

Early Days

As of last Monday I started work as an intern at The Print Room. The Print Room is so called because until October last year it was an old 50s printing house full of old obsolete printing presses and machinery in a derelict building just round the corner from Chepstow Road and a stones throw from Portobello market. In 2008 Anda Winters and Lucy Bailey founded The Print Room. As I walked in I realised that this is a theatre unlike many others. The atmosphere is so friendly and relaxed, everyone involved is here because they love what they do and that translates immediately.  So here I am. My first task. Blogging for you about what The Print Room is up to and what’s going on behind the gilded gate of 34 Hereford Road. It’s a new experience for me to be blogging so you may have to bear with me a little bit until I find my bloglegs (blegs??). It’s fantastic to be part of this hugely creative team and to see all the hard work that’s going in to providing the most interesting and entertaining shows this side of Bayswater. 
Currently at The Print Room technical rehearsals are underway for our exciting Pinter double bill of One For The Road and Victoria Station and tomorrow I will be interviewing the cast for an inside scoop about the production.
Tickets are selling fast and if you would like to book some please go to http://www.ticketweb.co.uk/user/?region=gb_london&query=schedule&venue=printroom or call us on 020 7221 6036. Alternatively drop in to see us, have a natter and find out what’s coming next at The Print Room!

No comments:

Post a Comment